SEO Services UK

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happiness is....

Happiness can mean lots of different things to lots of different people.  Happiness to me is being able to watch my children play, laugh and grow into beautiful people.  Each step that they take on their journey towards the people they will ultimately become is very precious to me. 

Some of you skeptics out there are thinking, "Why on earth do people spend hours upon countless hours, not to mention all that money, on scrapbooking?".  I'll tell you why I and many other people out their do it.  It records every step of my children's journey in life.  But it's not only the journey that I love to record, it is such a creative outlet for me personally.  I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination.  I can't draw and  I don't paint.  But I do love to CREATE with my hands.  I get the chance to express myself through paper, inks, paints, fabric, stamping and so much more!

I finished two layouts yesterday about my children's journey in life.  The first one titled "Lovin Life" is about my darling daughter, Holly, riding her bike without training wheels for the first time.  It's such a big step for her (and me).  It's just one more thing to remind me that she is growning up way too fast.

The second layout I did was of my ever so rambunctious son, Brody.  He's so full of life.  Sometimes, it's a little too much...lol.  But that's who he is and I treasure every moment of it.  This layout is titled "About A Boy".  These are snapshots into his summer fun.  Sometimes I feel like I don't focus as much on him as I do Holly because I find it much easier to create "girly" things, but it is a concious flaw that I struggle with constantly.


I hope that everyone takes a few moments out of each day to record their journey through life whether it is your life or your children's.  You will be thankful you did!


1 comment:

Tara Powell said...

aww, these are precious!
I have a harder time scrapping my boys also, girls are just easier to scrap I think.
Hope you had a great weekend!
:)
Tara

 

© Copyright by My Life is Scrapalicious.Template designed and distributd by SEO Services UK || Top SEO Training