SEO Services UK

Monday, October 26, 2009

Ghosts, Goblins & Ghouls...Oh My!

It's getting close.  Halloween is only 5 short days away (not that my kids would ever let me forget it...lol).  We went costume shopping last week and they each picked out their costumes after what seemed like hours of agonizing over what they actually wanted to be.  It was killing Tony and I...lol.  But they finally made a decision.  Brody picked "Snake Eyes" (some sort of GI Joe character) and Holly went the total girly route (anything to get to wear makeup) and picked a really cute little cheerleader costume.  It was killing them not to be able to put them on as soon as we got home.

Well, we all know how well, the "costumes in a bag" are made and I knew that if I let them play in them, they would ruin them before Halloween.  But they finally got a chance to don their new looks on Saturday night.  Some friends of ours had a costume party for their son's 5th birthday.  They were counting down the minutes on Saturday until it was time to put them on.  Finally, the big moment had arrived and you would have thought it was Christmas morning...lol. 

Here's a fun layout I did of all the kiddo's (young and old...er) in their costumes.  Some of those costumes were an absolute hoot!  These sorts of pictures really inspire me because they are always filled with tons of fun and fabulous colors.  I don't normally like to use the traditional halloween colors.  It just seems so typical.  So I used lots of blues, greens and purples in addition to the usual black and orange. 


We have a very busy week ahead of us.  It's the end of the quarter for the kids at school, so we have parent teacher conferences Wednesday and Thursday evening.  We still haven't made it to the pumpkin patch yet, so we need to accomplish that task tomorrow.  Friday evening will be spent carving our pumpkins.  Then of course Saturday is Halloween where we will get to customarily freeze our asses off chasing after the kids while toting our "little red wagon" filled with beer...lol. 

Next week is going to be a busy one too.  I was summoned to Jury Duty..YUCK!  Hopefully I can find a tactful way of getting out of it (still working on that..lol).  Then we have haircuts, girls night out (looking forward to that!) and a few other things.  So, I hope that I will get to check back in with everyone before the month of November is over...lol...but I'm no promising anything.

Ta ta for now!

P.S. Oh and just a little something to make you sick...only 58 shopping days until Christmas!

1 comment:

Tara Powell said...

Hey, where can I get a little red wagon full of beer? Talk about trick or treat!
LOVE your Halloween layouts, aren't costume parties the absolute best?
Sorry I haven't been in touch, we have been all kinds of busy and I don't want to say it but I think Mia is getting sick :(
she came home with a fever today
Hope to chat with you soon!
:)
T

 

© Copyright by My Life is Scrapalicious.Template designed and distributd by SEO Services UK || Top SEO Training