SEO Services UK

Monday, September 28, 2009

Saturday, 9/20/09 - Post #7 (The Final Day)

So I know that this post is a few days late, but we've had lots going on around here. Holly was sick with the stomach flu for four days (at the worst possible time I might add), but Tony stepped in and did a fantastic job being Dad. I couldn't leave work because I had so much going on. Thanks Tony and I love you!

Oh, and one more thing before I fill you in on the Final Day's Events. I got my wish! This morning I got a package delivered. Tony surprised me with my coffee maker. He's the best. Thanks honey! And now for the final post. I hope you all have had as much fun reading about our week-long journey as we did during it. So without further ado....
Saturday, 9/20/09 - Post #7 (The Final Day):
We all slept in this morning which was nice. I got up and folded a couple loads of laundry and just did some general picking up around the house. Then we headed outside to do some much needed yardwork. I trimmed all my plants back in preparation for fall while Tony mowed the lawn. After that was done we got the powerwasher back out and started on the fence. While I was working on that, Tony cleaned out the garage and the kids played in the front yard.

Before I knew it, Tony was running to the backyard and said I needed to hurry and come see. I thought somebody was hurt...lol. That wasn't the case at all. Holly was riding her bike without training wheels! You go girl! She was so excited and I was so proud of her. She is really growing up fast. I ran into the house and grabbed the camera and started videoing and taking pictures as fast as I could while the tears rolled down my face. It just kind of hit me all at once. She is no longer my "baby". She's growing into such a beautiful young lady and I'm not sure that I'm ready yet.



After all the excitement, it was back to the fence. I got as much done as I could before it got dark (I was only able to get about 1/2 the fence completed...uugghh!). We ordered Papa John's for dinner and watched 17 Again with Zac Efron. It was pretty funny actually. It was definitely a long day, but we got a lot accomplished!

Since this was our final day of our experiment, I asked everyone to sit down and write a few things about what they liked and didn't like about all this.

Here's a few things of what everyone had to say:
Becky:
"Personally I enjoyed just being able to sit and talk to Tony after the kids went to bed. We haven't connected like that in years and I've missed that."

Tony:
"...most of all what I loved was having everyone get together and play a game or just sit around and have fun without fighting all the time about things that are not important."

Brody:
"It felt really good spending all that time together and not in front of the TV. I want to have no TV some days."

Holly:
"I liked playing games and puzzles. I was really happy. I want to have a game night."

So as you can see, we all got a lot out of this. I would truly encourage every family to give this a try. We all get wrapped up in our lives (computers, cell phones, TV, video games, etc.) that it's nice to take a break and just spend time together. This will be a continued thing in our house. We are going to pick one or two nights each week when no electronics are allowed. Whether we are playing games together or just sitting around talking and laughing it is going to keep us close and that's one thing that I don't ever want to give up.

1 comment:

Giles Family said...

Ah what an inspiration you guys are! And how sweet that you had everyone write their "review" of the experiment! That's a great way to solidify the enjoyable things for everyone! Precious time spent, Becki! Great job!

 

© Copyright by My Life is Scrapalicious.Template designed and distributd by SEO Services UK || Top SEO Training