SEO Services UK

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ER here we come!

OK, so I got a phone call from Tony as I was sitting in his parents kitchen with the kids eating a sandwich at 5:30 today. He sounded a little panicked and asked me to meet him at home to take him to the emergency room for an x-ray because he hurt his wrist at work. Not really knowing what to expect, I left the kids with Nanny and Papa and went home to wait for Tony. When he pulled up he got out of the car and I saw his hand. (He'll kill me for telling this story, but I'm going to anyway..lol.) Apparently as he was running to his car in the parking lot at work, he tripped and caught himself with his left arm. It was swollen twice the size it should be and the accident happened only 45 minutes earlier, so I knew it was going to be bad.

I put him in the passenger seat and we headed to the hospital. I guess I should have started by telling you his car is a stick (kind of hard to drive without 2 good hands...lol). So we get there and they check him in and take him to an exam room. I really hadn't looked at it very good at this point, but what I saw next pretty much sent chills up my spine. When he lifted his hand to show me the underside of his arm, you could see the bones in his wrist poking out in a way that they shouldn't. At that point I knew this was going to be bad. So they finally took him back for an x-ray and within 15 minutes, the ER doc had come back and said that he had already consulted with an orthopedic surgeon. That made Tony cringe.

Needless to say, they showed us the x-rays and he had 4-5 hairline fractures half-way up his arm and the gap between your bones (which allows you to flex your wrist) was non-existent. He crushed all the bones in his wrist together and they had been shoved a good 1 to 1-1/2 inches to the left of where they should have been. They put a half splint on his hand and gave him some painkillers and I brought him home. Not an hour after I got home, we got a phone call from the surgical nurse telling us that she will be calling at about 9:00am tomorrow morning after she has a definite time for his surgery.

He is in a lot of pain right now, but he's trying getting a little sleep. I'll be camping on the floor next to him because I deathly afraid of rolling over and hitting his arm. There are a couple of pics below, but I didn't post the one that grossed me out. Notice in the second picture how it looks like his arm goes straight into his hand without any definition of a wrist what-so-ever with two big lumps on either side (those are his bones people! EWWW!!!). This just shows you what a number he did on himself.

I'll post again tomorrow after the surgery and let everyone know how he is doing.


1 comment:

Giles Family said...

AH I'm horrified for him! That has to hurt like heck. Tell him I'll be thinking of him. And good luck to you as you care for him the next several weeks - your mommy job just got instantly more intense :)

 

© Copyright by My Life is Scrapalicious.Template designed and distributd by SEO Services UK || Top SEO Training